Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is Google and speed are synonymous?

Is ps_logo2 and speed are synonymous?

This question came to my mind after reading many reports that Google Chrome beats other browsers in speed consistently. I have also personally experienced this fact. Google not only try to increase the speed of the browser, but also speed of its updates. They were updating the browser every month, now they plan every week. No wonder Google Chrome is my default browser.

Now, there is another Google product that has speed. I am talking about Google Earth. They have made the rendering of the images faster including zooming and panning. Many add-ons are released regularly beating all other similar products in development speed. Please be informed that my opinion is based on testing of free versions of all similar apps. I have not used any premium product including Google Earth.

Google has started a new project of providing 1Gb/sec broadband speed to homes in selected US cities. Though Google is beaten in start-up of this service by at least two companies (one in USA and one in Hongkong), we can not deny the fact Google is trying to achieve the fastest broadband speed available in the world.

As far as Web Office apps, I can vouch that Google docs beats others in speed. Here again, I am talking only about free versions. Though Google apps was very slow initially, they updated this apps regularly to bring up the speed and increased functionalities. There is no stopping of this endeavor by Google. I see incremental improvements are made at a faster speed. My bigger than 1Mb spread sheet file opens quickly like in a desktop office apps.

Whatever Google does, speed and simple user interface are key factors. These two key factors provide pleasant experience to the me.

Yes! Google and Speed are Synonymous.

No comments: